STo be completely honest, we were thiiiis close to naming this flavor the Sexy Peach because that is seriously the results you can expect with this fun, fruity blend. This summer-bod smoothie packs in every bikini-ready ingredient you need to absolutely slay that itsy-bitsy number you’ve got planned for your fourth of July pool party. It’s about to be red, white, and swoon when you hit that BBQ! If you’ve tried the Skinny Peach already, then you’re already a believer in the anti-bloating beauty of this flavor. With a rainbow of anti-inflammatory, superfood ingredients, the Skinny Peach is bursting with beautifying ingredients that’ll have you glowing from the inside out, no spray tan or body shimmer required.
Since we’re clearly running the campaign for Skinny Peach, 2020 #SkinnyPeach4President, we thought we’d break down the peach-perfect ingredient profile that goes into making this dynamite detoxifier. You’ll quickly see how this blend keeps you looking and feeling like the boss babe you are. Time to take a peek at the one and only Sexy Skinny Peach!
Fabulously Functional Fruit
You know how everyone in the Kardashian family (okay, the jury’s still out on Rob) brings their own level of style, success, and character to the table? They’re all unique in their own ways, but one thing they have in common is that they’re pretty dang fabulous. The same thing can be said for the stellar superfood fruits that are whipped into the Skinny Peach flavor. Sure, they’re all fruit, but each one offers its own beauty-boosting benefits while providing a high key health hook up. It’s a total body, wellness win with these fruits, so let’s get the 4-1-1 on the fruity fun going down in the Skinny Peach.
- Peaches: This fruit will keep you looking AND feeling hot hot hot. The megadose of Vitamin C and Zinc in peaches are the divas of immunity defense, helping to bolster your immune system and collagen production. You’ll be looking just as fine as you’re feeling too since collagen offers an anti-aging pick-me-up and has even been shown to reduce hair loss. This will come in handy when you take your mermaid hair flip photo for IG!
- Raspberries: You know how there’s that super hot, super nerdy science chick in almost every superhero movie? We’re pretty sure they got their brains and beauty from raspberries but clearly the film directors weren’t sure how they could make berry snacking into cinema magic. Maybe make every other berry radioactive? Honestly, with all of the health benefits, these berries deserved their time to shine on the silver screen. The flavonoids in these badass berries have been shown to improve memory and decrease cognitive decline that comes with aging. Plus, as one of the most fiber-dense fruits out there, your digestive system will be functioning like it’s superpower was regularity.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps Type II diabetes away! Red, yellow, green, or somewhere in between, these colorful fruits can offer way more benefits than sucking up to your teacher (honestly, Fuji’s and Galas never did a thing for my GPA). One study found that eating an apple a day reduced the risk of developing Type II diabetes by 28%, suggesting that the protective effect could be related to the polyphenols in apples. These chemicals prevent damage to pancreatic cells, which are involved with insulin production. This hormone helps to shuttle sugar into your cells for use while preventing surges of blood sugar spikes that eventually end with a crash. If you’re trying to avoid a blood sugar roller coaster, then grab an apple.
- Bananas: Bananas are the little black dress of fruit – they’re basically the perfect foundation for any healthy snack, dessert, or smoothie, and they taste pretty great on their own (except for when they’re still green. You can’t sit with us, green bananas). Peel into a banana and you’ll get a massive dose of potassium and magnesium, two minerals that are MVP’s of heart health. Bananas are a total triple threat – they taste good, they’re good for your ticker, and they make our smoothies thicker (apparently they also turn us into rap stars, coming in with some mad dope banana rhymes. We’ll see ourselves out…).
- Coconut: We’ll admit, we weren’t entirely sure that coconut was in fact, a fruit (apparently it’s a drupe, meaning its a fruit, nut, and seed. What an overachiever). This delicious drupe is loaded with lauric acid, which raises our HDL “good” cholesterol, which is what we want for well-rounded wellness. Another fit fact about this superfood? The medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) have been shown to increase the number of calories you burn. Coconut is the J-Lo of superfoods. Like J-Lo, who kills it as a singer, actress, and designer, the coconut keeps you tight, toned, and healthy, all while existing as a fruit, nut, and seed. Now that’s impressive!
Turmeric, the Beyonce of Superfoods
We’re about to pull a Kanye and let you know why turmeric is the greatest herb of all time! From bone broth to lattes, this golden godsend is popping up everywhere, and for good reason. This superfood superstar packs in as much anti-inflammatory power as certain medications all thanks to a compound called curcumin, the main active ingredient in turmeric. Curcumin works by blocking the molecule NF-kB from entering your cells to set off a chain reaction of inflammation, which is particularly useful if you’re a chronic sufferer. Studies have shown that long term inflammation can lead to diseases like alzheimers, cancer, heart disease, and metabolic syndrome. If you’re trying to stay healthy for the long haul, then keeping inflammation in check is major key.
On top of fighting inflammation, turmeric touts an awesome amount of antioxidant power that can combat aging and disease. The antioxidants in turmeric work by neutralizing free radicals, which enter our cells and react with our DNA and proteins. This slows the aging process down to a simmer rather than a boil, keeping disease at a distance. If there was an award for the greatest superfood of all time and turmeric was snubbed by, say, maca powder or chia seeds, Mr. Kanye West would totally storm the stage on this healthy herbs behalf. Every superfood or superstar needs a Kanye to tell everyone just how amazing they are. We’ll gladly be turmerics Kanye.
Camu-Camu, Fun to Say While it Helps You SLAY
As one of the richest sources of Vitamin C available, this superfruit piles on the immune boosting power and some serious antioxidant prowess. Since free radicals are always lurking around, trying to kill our healthy vibe, the Vitamin C in camu-camu works to combat the oxidative stress brought on by free radicals entering our cellular system. This comes in clutch since exposure to free radicals can be hard to avoid, creeping in from a poor diet, pollution, or from being stressed out. We’re doomed – we get stressed just watching the Bachelorette! Luckily, it’s camu-camu to the rescue!
When there are more free radicals in your system versus antioxidants, you tip yourself into the danger zone and up your odds of developing serious health conditions like cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes. Adding camu-camu to your diet gives you a solid shot at outplaying oxidative stress so you can stay healthy, even after the final rose ceremony. Heck, you’ll still be feeling good through our favorite stress-inducing reality TV show, Bachelor in Paradise!
Ginger and Probiotics, the Ultimate Digestive Dynamic Duo
Ginger is the sexy second cousin to turmeric, providing much of the same anti-inflammatory effects while dolling out some impressive digestive benefits. This rad root will battle just about every bout of bad belly business you can imagine. Whether you’re feeling nauseous, you’re feeling preggo nauseous (why do babies have to play their mamma’s like that? They’re lucky they’re cute), you’re suffering from indigestion, or frankly, you’re just feeling stuffed like a Thanksgiving turkey after a big meal, ginger has got your back! Plus, this stomach soothing superfood is an absolute come up, giving you the added anti-inflammatory bonus of bone, muscle, and joint pain reduction. So if you want to rock a flat and functional tummy and hustle hard through your workouts, ginger is your spicy secret weapon.
Since we know that the saga of stomach issues is one that far too many of us star in, we knew we had to gear up the gut-health ingredients in the Skinny Peach. The powerful probiotics added to this blend (and all of our blends) are the badass, good bacteria our belly needs to stay happy and healthy. There’s an entire ecosystem housed in the microbiome of our gut, and keeping that in balance is crucial to maintaining total body wellness. Ginger and probiotics are like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, or peanut butter and chocolate, or any other power pair that is great on their own but is sheer perfection when coupled. These two tummy tamers are absolute gold when it comes to gut health!
So there you have it, the skinny on the Skinny Peach. This bikini-body blend works wonders on detoxifying and beautifying your body from the inside out, leaving you feeling and looking summertime fine. So go on, you’ve got permission to grab our peach!
Needing a killer smoothie bowl recipe that will become your new obsession? Welcome the Skinny Peach Turmeric smoothie to your life!
-10 Skinny Peach Cubes
– 1/2 Frozen Banana
– 1 TBS of turmeric
– 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk