When you were growing up, did you and your siblings ever try to compete with each other for the title of being “the favorite”? I mean…who didn’t right? I’m all about a healthy competition and have figured out the perfect way to score BIG time with your old man this Father’s Day! What better way to spoil your dad than by making his heart and belly full by simply following a few delish recipes from below – trust us, no one will be questioning who leads the scoreboard after their first bite!
All of today’s recipes are created by the amazing Gaby Dalkin – you can follow her blog ‘What’s Cooking Gaby’ here for more delicious, drool worthy recipes that are ALWAYS a crowd pleaser!
MELON CAPRESE SKEWERS
– 1/2 cup Basil Vinaigrette
– 1 small cantaloupe, scooped into balls
– 1 small honeydew, scooped into balls
– 1 small seedless watermelon, scooped into balls
– 20 fresh water-packed mozzarella balls, drained
– 10 thin slices prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise, gathered into ruffle
– Small wooden skewers (about 4-6 inches long)
– Freshly cracked black pepper
– Thread an assortment of the ingredients on the skewer – melon ball, basil leaf, mozzarella ball, ruffled prosciutto etc.
– Arrange skewers on platter. Drizzle with basil vinaigrette and sprinkle with maldon sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
CITRUS FARMERS MARKET SALAD
Ingredients for the Salad
– 3-4 heads farmers market lettuce
– 1 bunch fresh chives, snipped
– 2 sliced avocados
– 2 oranges, supremed
– 2 cara cara oranges, supremed
– 1 pink grapefruit, cut into supreme
– 1 yellow grapefruit, cut into supreme
– 2 blood oranges, cut into supreme
Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette
– 2 lemons, juiced
– 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– 6 tablespoons olive oil
– 1 shallot, finely minced
– 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
– Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
– Carefully trim the butter lettuce leaves off the head. Rinse well and dry.
– Toss the full leaves, avocado and snipped chives with the lemon shallot vinaigrette and serve on a large platter. Tuck the citrus segments into the salad and serve.
SOUTHWESTERN CHIPOTLE BEYOND BURGER
Ingredients for the Burger
– 4 Beyond Burger Patties
– Caramelized Poblanos and Onions (recipe below)
– Brioche burger buns, toasted
– 2 Avocados, sliced
– 1 cup Pico de Gallo
– Chipotle Mayo
– Butter Lettuce
Ingredients for the Caramelized Poblanos and Onions
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 large yellow onions, finely sliced
– 2 poblano peppers, finely sliced
– ½ cup water
– In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and poblano and sauté for 10-15 minutes until it starts to caramelize. Reduce the heat to medium and add a few tablespoons of water starting at the 15 minute mark and continue to caramelize for a total of 45 minutes until deeply brown but not burnt. Season with salt and set aside.
– Cook the Beyond Burgers according to the package directions.
– Place your toasted buns on a plate and add the lettuce leaves to the bottom of the bun. Top the lettuce leaf with the Beyond Burger. Top the burger with sliced avocado and caramelized onions and poblanos. Add some pico de gallo on top. Slather the top half of the bun with the chipotle mayo and top the burger with the bun. Serve immediately.
GRILLED SWEETPOTATO WEDGES
Ingredients for the Wedges
– 4-5 California sweetpotatoes
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Ingredients for the Cilantro Vinaigrette
– 1 shallot, roughly chopped
– 2 cups tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
– 1 clove garlic
– 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
– 1/2 cup olive oil
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– Clean sweetpotatoes with a quick rinse of water and use a vegetable peeler to remove the outside later of skin.
– Cut sweetpotatoes into wedges and drizzle sweetpotatoes with olive oil.
– Season the sweetpotatoes with salt and pepper and transfer them to a hot indoor or outdoor grill.
– Grill sweetpotatoes for 4-5 minutes per side until grill marks appear and then remove sweetpotatoes from grill and set aside. These can be served warm or at room temperature with the dipping sauce.
– Combine all the ingredients for the cilantro vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
– Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
AND of course for dessert – the perfect closure to an amazing meal is a snack sized Live Pure Smoothie Bowl topped with our Vanilla Coconut Granola and fresh berries! The fam will be raving about you and the cubes all night!
Bon Appétit! Xx