If you are a taco lover just like the LP team – then you definitely understand the obsession with having this delish meal as a summer (or tbh basically every season) dinner staple.
Now let’s be honest – tacos often come with a bad rep, but we have found ways to make this Mexican goodness (can make tacos a love language please?) healthy with superfood ingredients that will leave you feeling ready to continue the fiesta rather than begging for a siesta!
- 8 oz of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup of cauliflower rice
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 pound of your meat of choice – fish, ground turkey, grass fed beef, pasture ground or shredded chicken, sautéed veggies, or vegan meat options!
- 1.5 tbsp of taco seasoning – follow our taco seasoning recipe below or choose a clean taco seasoning brand such as Frontier Co-op
- 3 tbsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of onion powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Place mushrooms and walnuts in a food processor and pulse until very small.
- In a large non stick skillet – sauté mushrooms, walnuts, cauliflower rice and garlic until soft. Remove from the pan & set aside.
- In same pan – add your protein of choice and cook. Once browned – add veggies back to pan and mix into protein.
- Stir in taco seasoning – add 1/4 cup water or broth to mixture, cook an additional 2-5 minutes.
- Serve in organic corn tortillas (or non GMO) or on a salad topped with lettuce, avocado, cilantro, tomatoes, salsa, and of course lots of lime.
Big fan of this recipe? Don’t forget to tag us @livepurecubes and show us your badass culinary skills!